Zack Perry, SVP of Strategy for HealthMark Group and President of AHIOS, joins partners from the law firm McGuireWoods to discuss the potential impact of the HIPAA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on the request of medical records.
• Best practices for responding to patient medical record requests
• Interplay of access requests with health apps and APIs
• Compliance threats that pertain to medical record access
• How the HIPAA proposed rule may shift additional costs onto healthcare providers
• OCR’s “Right to Access Initiatives” and recent settlements against healthcare providers that fail to provide patients with timely access to medical records.